Mobile and Personal Information Systems
"The course examines how traditional data management techniques have been adapted to support various forms of mobile information systems."
"In this course, we will study the different forms of mobility and collaboration that applications require and how these influence the design of system architectures. We then go on to present specific technologies and mechanisms designed to meet the requirements of mobile and personal information systems."
Topics covered (regarding HS07):
- Moving Objects Databases, PicoDBMS
- Attaching Information to Locations
- P2P Information Sharing, Social Networks
- Collaborative Filtering
- Context-Awareness in MPIS
- The exercises were few and all optional. There were two "design-exercises", done by groups of 3-5 people (during the lecture!) and presented/discussed in the exercise session